Code of Ethics Followed
in the Student Clinic at the Shiatsu School of Canada Inc.
1. Every client shall be treated equally and truthfully without discrimination
with regard to sex, race, religion, or political belief.
2. The well being of the client is the
student therapist's chief concern and the student therapist will not negligently
do anything to endanger their well being.
3. The confidentiality and dignity of
the client shall be respected.
4. The client has the right to accept or refuse any form of
treatment and to be advised to the nature of the treatment to be given.
5. The student therapist shall not refuse or withdraw his/her
services without justifiable cause.
6. The student therapist shall ensure that his/her
professional conduct is above reproach.
7. The student therapist shall not
take physical, emotional, nor financial advantage of the client.
8. The student therapist shall strive
to continually improve his/her knowledge and professional skills.
9. The student therapist shall encourage and educate the
client to the best of his/her knowledge in the development of a healthy
student therapist shall not recruit any client from school clinic nor from
school or show functions.
11. The student therapist shall always clearly
identify his/herself as a student whether in school or outside of school.
12. Students are not allowed to set up private
shiatsu/acupuncture practice outside of school while training at SSC.
(Based on the Code of
Ethics of the Shiatsu Therapy Association of Ontario)